Voters come first. Not politicians, not pundits, not PACs. Voters.
Democracy means a level playing field. We’re tired of our leaders judging election laws and reforms by what they might mean for their party and their incumbents. When it comes to democracy, America is better than that.
Reforming democracy is what Americans do. Our founders left us with a republican framework upon which we have regularly acted to strengthen democracy. Every generation has taken steps to improve elections and increase participation. Now, it’s our turn.
We want volunteers at the grassroots and leaders in our highest offices to join this pledge to put voters first, create a level field and be ready for change.
Pledge to Stand with Voters
As an American who believes in truly representative democracy, I pledge to:
- Support actions to increase voter turnout and voter education,
- Oppose tactics to game elections through manipulation of voting rights and election laws,
- Evaluate reforms based on whether they promote a level playing field for all, not whether they hurt or help my party,
- Support laws that allow for voter choice and oppose laws that suppress it,
- Open my mind to new ideas that might strengthen democracy.